Entrepreneurs and brands sometimes struggle with finding new customers outside of conventional traffic sources (Google search, SEO, backlinks, PPC, social media, etc).
Want to know the secret that several of our customers have been using to see a boost to their signup, sales and conversion rates?
Yes, you read correctly. The age old marketing trick of attracting people to your brand and products by giving something away STILL WORKS.
And while you may not view this as being very innovative… thanks to the potential reach of the web (where we highly recommend your business have a strong presence); contests are a proven way of increasing your community, engagement & sales.
In an article by marketing experts, Hubspot, they reported on some interesting facts about the power of running online contests:
- New campaigns acquire a 34% audience increase on average
- 1/3 of contest entrants sign up to receive email updates from brands and partners
- Running a mobile contest increases the number of entrants by eight times
- Statistically, the best duration for a contest campaign is 25-60 days
These statistics show that the use of online and social media contests is one of the leading strategies to actively engage with your current tribe and boost your online audience reach.
We’ll be thoroughly evaluating some great performing contest campaigns from real companies using KickoffLabs… and by doing so, hope to educate and inspire you to create your own viral social contest.
Whether you’re just starting out with contests or have run hundreds of contests in the past, keep reading, because we’ve included some extremely valuable research that is guaranteed to deliver a positive ROI for contests and benefit your business.
Now let’s get into exactly what our featured E-commerce and start-up customer contest pages are doing right to increase their signup and conversion rates.
The Contest Case Studies
1. DiamondCandles is a fabulous company that makes soy candles with a surprise ring inside it. Their candles cost $24.95 but the hidden ring can have a value between $10 – $5,000. They recently gave away the chance to win a candle containing a hidden ring with a value of $1,000 and an exclusive discount for people who sign up.
The Science Behind Why It Works?
By using a visually stunning image that is aesthetically pleasing, they are generating maximum customer attention. In a recent study done by Curalate examining more than 500,000 images posted by brands on Pinterest; they describe how vibrant, multiple dominant color images show more engagement than their single dominant color counterpart.